Comr. John Isaac Sir Jay
While we continue to mourn the barbaric killings of our beloved brethren by criminal Fulani militias and bittered by the destruction of properties and farm produced worth millions of naira as a result of this carnage across parts of Southern Kaduna.
We, the SOKAPU Youth Wing are bittered by the fact that no attempt have been made by both the State and Federal Governments to rehabilitate, reconstruct and reintegrate communities affected by genocide.
It is against this backdrop that, we, the Southern Kaduna youths believed that any sincere commitment to bringing about peace and promoting peaceful co-existence on the part of government and ameliorating the sufferings of the affected communities will involve the following steps;
1.Bringing a total end to the killings.
2. Masterminders and Culprits identified and brought to book.
3. The implementation of a deliberate action aim at effectively handling the humanitarian crisis, effective reintegration and rebuilding programme as well as the effective reconstruction of social, economic and physical infrastructures across the affected communities.
4. An all inclusive peace building initiative with SOKAPU given a platform
5. Ensuring adequate security and a secured atmosphere for agricultural activities to thrive.
6. Traditional institutions across Southern Kaduna be reversed to its former status quo-as as it were in 2015.
The SOKAPU Youth Wing therefore calls on the Federal and state governments to urgently rebuild ravaged communities and reintegrate families and persons displaced by this acts of terror.
Anything short of the above will amount to negligence and complicity in the plight of Southern Kaduna people.